Friday, November 16, 2012

Fall Wreath

I made a wreath! I'm pretty proud of myself for wanting a wreath, gathering the materials, and actually making it! :) Here it is in all its glory:


It was pretty easy once I got started. I just wrapped a straw wreath in strips of burlap and glued it in place with my hot glue gun, and then accented it with flowers.



I made the flowers out of strips of fabric, which was surprisingly easy, once I got the hang of it. There are tutorials all over the internet, but basically I just cut strips about 1 inch wide and 12 inches long. Starting at one end, I wrapped each one around and around itself, gluing every inch or so, and then when I got to the end, I glued the last half an inch across the bottom of the flower to kind of seal it. I don't have any pictures of the process- sorry!- but it's really pretty simple.

I'm thinking about making a similar wreath for Christmas, but haven't decided for sure yet. I'll keep you posted!

Do you have a pretty Fall wreath? What kind of wreath are you envisioning for Christmas?


No comments:

Post a Comment